Relaxing in a warm bath is a great way to unwind and relax after a hectic day. When your bathtub is dingy, out dated color or deteriorating you will not be able to clean it no matter how hard you work. Over time the finish coat becomes dull and the pores open up and harbor dirt and soap creating an impossible task to clean. If you’re ready to replace an old tub, it might be wise to instead consider refinishing what you already own.
Replacing an existing bathtub with a newer model is not always a simple chore. The original tub almost always needs to be cut into pieces to fit through the bathroom door. There may also be flooring, trim, surrounds, , vanity and plumbing that need to be removed and replaced. Bathtub replacement usually takes from 3 to 5 days depending on the extent of your remodel. A refinished tub is a one day process. Our refinishing process lasts up to 20 years with proper care and cleaning. While a new tub can cost as little as $200, labor expenses and materials for the replacement process can easily add $2,000 to $5000 or more.
Instead, many homeowners have the existing tub refinished, which typically costs $300-$800, depending on area and process. Whether your bathtub is dingy and stained, or even if it sports some serious rust and cracks, a Service Doctor trained professional technician fix and re-coat the surface for a like-new look giving you years of enjoyment. Cast-iron, steel, acrylic, ceramic and fiberglass tubs and shower stalls can all be re-coated to match the original finish or in an entirely new color. The refinishing process involves multiple steps but can still be done in 1 day.
To find a reputable Refinishing Company, ask friends for recommendations.
Checklist to find a reputable company:
- Find a company with brick and mortar. Look at their displays to make sure this is for you.
- Ask for a written warranty. Are they financially prepared to honor the warranty long in to the future.
- Make sure you are not hiring a company with a residential address or PO box.
- Make sure the company has a professional web site.
- Check if they are licensed in your city. Having a license in Valparaiso , Indiana is not good say in Munster. Each city in Northwest Indiana requires you to have a license.
- Ask for their workers comp insurance, bonding and liability insurance in case of an accident, or injury in your home.
- Check if the company Belongs to the Better Business Bureau, local organizations or Chamber of Commerce.
- Check out Google reviews.
Randy Ralls CEO 11/16/18